AMD Vishera FX-6300 & FX-4300 CPU Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the new AMD FX-6300 & FX-4300 'Vishera' CPU's. The FX-6300 is a 32nm 3.5-4.1Ghz six-core chip based on the venerable AM3+ socket, supports DDR3-1866 memory speeds, and has a $132 launch price. The lower-end FX-4300 is a 32nm 3.8-4.0Ghz quad-core model, it also supports DDR3-1866 memory speeds, and has a $122 launch price.
Let's see what they had to say:
"This conclusion has boiled down to a study in contrasts. While the FX-6300 is a
phenomenal value, performs well against Intel’s closest Ivy Bridge competitors
and represents a great upgrade solution for most AM3+ users, we’d be hard
pressed to recommend the FX-4300 in its present condition. In most respects it
is a highly capable processor which –more often than not- beats the i3-series
processors clean. However, its price is unjustifiable considering the FX-6300 is
only $10 more.
For the time being, AMD is done with the Vishera CPU lineup and everyone should be happy with the results. They’ve increased performance across the board, are competing with or beat Intel's similarly priced solutions on many fronts and have proven that affordability doesn’t have to come with a reduced feature set. While the FX-4300 didn’t quite meet our expectations due to its desperate need for a price reduction, the six-core FX-6300 is currently one of the best bang-for-buck CPUs on the market and it is poised to blaze a new trail for Vishera."
Much like the flagship FX-8350, these new CPU's are exactly what AMD needed to release in order to breathe some new life in their faltering line-up. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required)
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review