SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tweak Town have posted a review of the new high performance SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on the SandForce SF-2281 controller paired with new 24nm Toggle Mode NAND.
Let's see what they had to say:
"It's the new price vs. performance king." I feel that statement holds true today, five months after writing it for the first time. In the fast paced, leapfrog world of SSDs anything being constant for five months is rare. SanDisk's fab obviously helps in this area just like Crucial / Micron, who are winning the price game on the Marvell controller side.
Given the many strong points of the SanDisk Extreme SSD, it's tough to put your finger on one thing and say, "this is why it's really good." The performance is really good, but the price coupled with the performance means it is leading the consumer SSD class right now. There are several very good performance SSDs on the market and there are several low cost SSDs on the market, but none of them tie it all together like the SanDisk Extreme."
This is obviously an excellent SSD. The newer Toggle Mode NAND it uses really does make a difference.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review