3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
3DMark Windows update fixes hardware monitoring
December 10, 2013
3DMark iOS benchmark app gets 64-bit update
December 3, 2013
3DMark delists Android devices with suspicious scores
November 25, 2013
November 22, 2013
Understanding 3DMark results from the iPhone 5s and iPad Air
November 4, 2013
PCMark 8 arrives on Steam
October 21, 2013
3DMark comes to Windows RT
October 14, 2013
PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
October 10, 2013
New 3DMark Unlimited test for Android and iOS
September 9, 2013
3DMark now available on iOS
September 9, 2013
Minor update for 3DMark Android Edition
August 20, 2013
3DMark and Windows 8 RTC: Official Futuremark Response
August 19, 2013
PCMark coming to Android, iOS and Windows RT
June 25, 2013
PCMark 8 Professional Edition now available
June 4, 2013
Announcing PCMark 8
May 20, 2013