3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
HTC One (M8) removed from 3DMark benchmark rankings
April 1, 2014
Futuremark 're-lists' selected Samsung devices in 3DMark rankings
March 24, 2014
Microsoft uses 3DMark to show DirectX 12 benefits
March 21, 2014
Minor updates for 3DMark and PCMark 8
March 12, 2014
Recommend your Android device with 3DMark
February 21, 2014
Futuremark announces Servermark benchmark
February 13, 2014
Minor updates to 3DMark 11 and 3DMark Vantage
February 7, 2014
Minor update for PCMark 8
February 4, 2014
PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
January 17, 2014
Steam Machines ranked by 3DMark score
January 16, 2014
Get ready for PCMark 8 v2.0
January 14, 2014
Quanta Computer joins Futuremark Benchmark Development Program
December 19, 2013
3DMark Windows update fixes hardware monitoring
December 10, 2013
3DMark iOS benchmark app gets 64-bit update
December 3, 2013
3DMark delists Android devices with suspicious scores
November 25, 2013