PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
We've released an update for PCMark 8 Professional Edition that enables Windows 8.1 compatibility, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
PCMark 8 includes five benchmark tests covering a variety of scenarios from home to business use. There is a dedicated Storage benchmark for testing SSDs and HDDs and an Applications benchmark that uses Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. PCMark 8 also includes battery life testing tools.
While this update only applies to PCMark 8 Professional Edition, the good news is that it clears the way for PCMark 8 Basic and Advanced, which we now expect to release within the next couple of weeks.
PCMark 8 Professional Edition v1.1.111
This update adds compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
- Scores from the Work, Storage and Applications benchmarks are not affected by this update.
- Scores from the Home and Creative benchmarks should not be compared with scores from previous versions of PCMark 8 due to the addition of new run modes for those tests.
PCMark v1.1.111 uses a new installer. If your system has an older version of PCMark 8 installed, you should manually uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel before installing this update. You should also manually uninstall SystemInfo.
- The Home and Creative benchmarks now offer a choice of run modes.
- Conventional mode does not use OpenCL, reflecting how the majority of software works today.
- Accelerated mode uses OpenCL acceleration, anticipating how software will work in the future.
- New interactive graphs show hardware monitoring data from each benchmark run.
- Progress windows now show estimated time for each test.
- SystemInfo scan is now at least 50% faster.
- Compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
- SystemInfo updated to v4.21 for improved compatibility with the latest hardware.
- New troubleshooting options for OpenCL device selection in Help tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Browsing test that could cause the test to hang.
- Fixed an issue with Video Chat and Video Group Chat showing empty windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Video Chat tests to return inaccurate results.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit versions of Windows.
Recommend your Android device with 3DMark
February 21, 2014
Futuremark announces Servermark benchmark
February 13, 2014
Minor updates to 3DMark 11 and 3DMark Vantage
February 7, 2014
Minor update for PCMark 8
February 4, 2014
PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
January 17, 2014
Steam Machines ranked by 3DMark score
January 16, 2014
Get ready for PCMark 8 v2.0
January 14, 2014
Quanta Computer joins Futuremark Benchmark Development Program
December 19, 2013
3DMark Windows update fixes hardware monitoring
December 10, 2013
3DMark iOS benchmark app gets 64-bit update
December 3, 2013
3DMark delists Android devices with suspicious scores
November 25, 2013
November 22, 2013
Understanding 3DMark results from the iPhone 5s and iPad Air
November 4, 2013
PCMark 8 arrives on Steam
October 21, 2013
3DMark comes to Windows RT
October 14, 2013