PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
October 10, 2013
We've released an update for PCMark 8 Professional Edition that enables Windows 8.1 compatibility, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
PCMark 8 includes five benchmark tests covering a variety of scenarios from home to business use. There is a dedicated Storage benchmark for testing SSDs and HDDs and an Applications benchmark that uses Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. PCMark 8 also includes battery life testing tools.
While this update only applies to PCMark 8 Professional Edition, the good news is that it clears the way for PCMark 8 Basic and Advanced, which we now expect to release within the next couple of weeks.
PCMark 8 Professional Edition v1.1.111
This update adds compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
- Scores from the Work, Storage and Applications benchmarks are not affected by this update.
- Scores from the Home and Creative benchmarks should not be compared with scores from previous versions of PCMark 8 due to the addition of new run modes for those tests.
PCMark v1.1.111 uses a new installer. If your system has an older version of PCMark 8 installed, you should manually uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel before installing this update. You should also manually uninstall SystemInfo.
- The Home and Creative benchmarks now offer a choice of run modes.
- Conventional mode does not use OpenCL, reflecting how the majority of software works today.
- Accelerated mode uses OpenCL acceleration, anticipating how software will work in the future.
- New interactive graphs show hardware monitoring data from each benchmark run.
- Progress windows now show estimated time for each test.
- SystemInfo scan is now at least 50% faster.
- Compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
- SystemInfo updated to v4.21 for improved compatibility with the latest hardware.
- New troubleshooting options for OpenCL device selection in Help tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Browsing test that could cause the test to hang.
- Fixed an issue with Video Chat and Video Group Chat showing empty windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Video Chat tests to return inaccurate results.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit versions of Windows.
PCMark for Android available now
October 27, 2014
Fire Strike Ultra - World's first 4K Ultra HD benchmark
October 13, 2014
PCMark 8 v2.2.282 update released
October 2, 2014
Record-breaking month for 3DMark world records
October 1, 2014
PCMark for Android press preview
September 30, 2014
Galax GOC 2014 Worldwide Qualifer Overclocking Competition
September 19, 2014
Huawei Ascend P7 delisted from 3DMark rankings
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
PCMark 8: Real Apps Deliver Relevant Results
August 7, 2014
Governments Choose PCMark to Specify PC Performance
July 7, 2014
3DMark Sky Diver has landed
June 11, 2014
3DMark Sky Diver at Computex
June 6, 2014
Announcing new 3DMark Sky Diver benchmark
May 28, 2014
HTC One (M8) removed from 3DMark benchmark rankings
April 1, 2014
Futuremark 're-lists' selected Samsung devices in 3DMark rankings
March 24, 2014