One benchmark for all your hardware
3DMark includes everything you need to benchmark your PC and mobile devices in one app. Whether you're gaming on a smartphone, tablet, notebook, or a desktop gaming PC, 3DMark includes a benchmark designed specifically for your hardware.
With more tests added every year, we've given 3DMark a new interface that's faster, more flexible and easier to use. What's more, you can now get faster downloads and save storage space by choosing to install only the tests you need.
- The latest version of the world's most popular benchmark.
- Everything you need to test your PC, notebook, tablet and smartphone in one app.
- 3DMark recommends the best benchmark for your system.
- Compare your 3DMark scores with other Windows, Android and iOS devices.
Better benchmarking with 3DMark
The right test every time
We've made it easy to find the right test for your PC. 3DMark automatically scans your hardware & recommends the best benchmark for your system.
Choose your tests
3DMark grows bigger every year with new tests. When you buy 3DMark from Steam, you can choose to install only the tests you need.
Detailed charts show you how the CPU and GPU temperatures, clock speeds, and the frame rate changed during your benchmark run.
Explore your PC's performance limits with custom benchmark settings. You can change the rendering resolution and quality across a range of settings.
For high-performance gaming PCs running Windows 10
3DMark Time Spy is a new DirectX 12 benchmark test for Windows 10 gaming PCs. Time Spy is one of the first DirectX 12 apps to be built "the right way" from the ground up to fully realize the performance gains that the new API offers. With its pure DirectX 12 engine, which supports new API features like asynchronous compute, explicit multi-adapter, and multi-threading, Time Spy is the ideal test for benchmarking the latest graphics cards.
- DirectX 12 benchmark for Windows 10.
- Renders at 2560 Ã— 1440 resolution.
- Includes a Demo, Graphics tests, and a CPU test.
For high performance Windows gaming PCs
Fire Strike is a showcase DirectX 11 benchmark designed for today's high-performance gaming PCs. It is our most ambitious and technical benchmark ever, featuring real-time graphics rendered with detail and complexity far beyond what is found in other benchmarks and games today.
Fire Strike is only available in the Windows editions.
- DirectX 11 benchmark for gamers.
- Renders at 1920 × 1080 resolution.
- For high performance gaming PCs.
Fire Strike Extreme
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme is an enhanced version of Fire Strike designed for high-end multi-GPU systems (SLI / Crossfire) and future hardware generations.
In addition to raising the rendering resolution, additional visual quality improvements increase the rendering load to ensure accurate performance measurements for truly extreme hardware setups.
- Enhanced for extreme hardware.
- Renders at 2560 × 1440 resolution.
- For systems with multiple GPUs.
Fire Strike Ultra
Can your PC handle the world's first 4K gaming benchmark? Fire Strike Ultra's 4K UHD rendering resolution is four times larger than the 1080p resolution used in Fire Strike.
A 4K monitor is not required, but your graphics card must have at least 3GB of memory to run this monstrously demanding benchmark.
- The world's first 4K gaming benchmark.
- Renders at 4K UHD resolution (3840 × 2160).
- The most demanding 3DMark test ever.
For gaming laptops and mid-range PCs
3DMark Sky Diver is a DirectX 11 benchmark for gaming laptops and mid-range PCs. Use 3DMark Sky Diver to benchmark systems with mainstream graphics cards, mobile GPUs, or integrated graphics. It is especially suitable for DirectX 11 systems that cannot achieve more than single-digit frame rates in the more demanding Fire Strike test. Sky Diver is only available in the Windows editions at this time.
- DirectX 11 benchmark for mainstream PCs.
- Includes Graphics, Physics and Combined tests.
- Breathtaking demo with an original soundtrack.
For Windows notebooks and home PCs
Cloud Gate is a new test that is designed for Windows notebooks and typical home PCs. Cloud Gate includes two graphics tests and a physics test. Cloud Gate uses a DirectX 11 engine limited to Direct3D feature level 10 making it suitable for testing DirectX 10 compatible hardware. Cloud Gate is only available in the Windows editions of 3DMark at this time.
- Designed for typical home PCs and notebooks.
- DirectX 11 engine supporting DirectX 10 hardware.
- Includes two Graphics tests and a Physics test.
Cross-platform benchmarking for basic tablets and smartphones
Use 3DMark Ice Storm to compare basic tablets and smartphones. Ice Storm includes two Graphics tests to measure GPU performance and a Physics test to stress CPU performance. Ice Storm uses DirectX 11 feature level 9 on Windows. On Android and iOS, it uses OpenGL ES 2.0. You can compare scores across platforms.
Ice Storm Unlimited is a specialized offscreen test for making chip-to-chip comparisons of CPUs & GPUs.
Ice Storm Extreme
Use Ice Storm Extreme to compare low cost smartphones and tablets running Android, iOS and Windows.
Ice Storm Extreme raises the rendering resolution from 1280 Ã— 720 to 1920 Ã— 1080 and uses higher quality textures and post-processing effects in the Graphics tests.
API Overhead feature test
Compare the latest graphics APIs on your PC
Games make thousands of draw calls per frame, but each one creates performance-limiting overhead for the CPU. APIs with less overhead can handle more draw calls and produce richer visuals. The 3DMark API Overhead feature test is an independent test for comparing the performance of Vulkan, DirectX 12 and DirectX 11. See how many draw calls your PC can handle with each API before the frame rate drops below 30 fps.
- Test Vulkan, (with Vulkan compatible hardware).
- Test DirectX 12, (Windows 10 required).
- Test DirectX 11, both single- and multi-threaded.
Check the reliability and stability of your PC
Stress testing is a good way to check the reliability and stability of your system after buying or building a new PC, upgrading your graphics card, or overclocking your GPU. It can help you identify faulty hardware or a need for better cooling.
If your GPU crashes, hangs, or produces visual artifacts during the test, it may indicate a reliability or stability problem. If it overheats and shuts down, you may need more cooling in your computer.
3DMark Professional Edition
The industry standard for graphics performance benchmarking.
- Licensed for business and commercial use.
- Includes all benchmarks and feature tests.
- Command line automation and scripting.
- Run custom Stress Tests from the UI or command line.
- Verify driver implementation with the Image Quality Tool.
- Keep sensitive results private with the offline results option.
- Export result data as XML for further analysis and reporting.
- Priority technical support over email and telephone.
A commercial license, granted with purchase of Professional Edition software or though our site licensing program, enables you to use a benchmark for all business purposes including performance testing, research and development, component evaluation, competitor analysis and sales and marketing activities. You can purchase a single-seat license or a site license.
With a 3DMark Professional Edition site license you can use 3DMark simultaneously on an unlimited number of systems.Contact us for a quote
Single-Seat License from $1495
A single-seat Professional Edition license allows you to install and run 3DMark on one system at a time. To run 3DMark on more than one system simultaneously, you will need an equivalent number of Professional Edition licenses or a Site License.Contact us for a quote Press license
Time Spy upgrade for 3DMark Professional Edition
This optional upgrade is for corporate customers who bought 3DMark Professional Edition before July 14, 2016.Contact us for a quote Press license
3DMark Advanced Edition
Unlock all benchmarks and additional features including Time Spy Custom run settings and the Time Spy Stress Test.
- Includes all benchmarks and feature tests.
- Run Fire Strike Ultra, our 4K Ultra HD benchmark.
- Test multi-GPU systems with Fire Strike Extreme.
- Compare Vulkan, DirectX 12 and DirectX 11 API Overhead.
- Explore your PC's limits with custom settings.
- Unlock all Stress Tests, including the Time Spy Stress Test.
- Get in-depth interactive performance graphs.
- Automatically save your results offline.
For people who bought or downloaded 3DMark before July 14, 2016
Time Spy update
Time Spy is available as a free update for all Windows editions of 3DMark. Basic Edition users should download the latest version of 3DMark below. Advanced Edition owners can install the update from within the 3DMark app.
- Adds Time Spy to all 3DMark Windows editions.
- Benchmark the DirectX 12 performance of your PC.
- Unlimited benchmark runs without restrictions.
To get the Time Spy update through Steam, open your Steam Library, select Software, then update your copy of 3DMark or the 3DMark Demo to the latest version.
Time Spy upgrade
This optional upgrade is for people who bought 3DMark Advanced Edition before July 14, 2016. It unlocks additional features and settings, but it is not required to run Time Spy benchmark tests.
- Explore your system's limits with Time Spy custom benchmark settings.
- Check your PC's stability with the Time Spy Stress Test.
- Add the option to skip the Time Spy demo.
Buy from Futuremark Buy from Steam
Minimum system requirements
|Processor||1.8 GHz dual-core Intel or AMD CPU|
|Memory||2 GB of system memory|
|Hard drive||6 GB free space|
Recommended system requirements
|OS||Windows 10, 64-bit|
|Processor||1.8 GHz dual-core Intel or AMD CPU *|
|Memory||4 GB of system memory|
|Graphics||DirectX 12 with 3 GB of graphics memory|
|Hard drive||6 GB free space|
* Time Spy requires a processor with SSSE3 support.
Windows 7 users must have Service Pack 1. 3DMark can test DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 compatible hardware, but to run every benchmark you will need hardware that supports all DirectX 11 features.
How to test DirectX 12 with the API Overhead feature test
The DirectX 12 part of the API Overhead feature test requires Windows 10, graphics hardware that supports DirectX 12, and the appropriate drivers. DirectX 12 is not yet supported on all DirectX 11 level hardware. Check with your video hardware vendor for the latest drivers. The API Overhead feature test does not yet support multi-GPU systems, and you may need to disable Crossfire/SLI. Close other apps that tie into the DirectX stack, for example applications like FRAPS that draw overlays. Apps that are not compatible with DirectX 12 will prevent the test from running.
- Simplified Chinese
Steam is a popular digital entertainment platform available in 237 countries and 21 different languages. When you buy 3DMark Advanced Edition from Steam you get a fast download, easy installation and automatic updates. You can move your key freely between Steam and the stand-alone version. See our Steam FAQ for details.