GALAX GOC 2015 WORLDWIDE QUALIFIER
Win a place at the grand final
Secure your place at the GALAX GOC 2015 Grand Final overclocking event in Wuhan, China, happening late November or early December (details to be announced) in this exclusive qualifying competition presented by GALAX and Futuremark. Prize includes travel and accommodation.
Show your skill in four categories
To enter the competition, submit your best 3DMark Fire Strike and 3DMark 11 benchmark scores. The twenty highest scores in each benchmark category earn points. The twelve contestants with the highest points will each win a place at the GOC 2015 Grand Final live event.
In the case of a tie, the Fire Strike Extreme scores will be used as the 1st tie breaker, and Fire Strike Ultra scores as the 2nd, if needed.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra
- 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme
- 3DMark Fire Strike
- 3DMark 11 Performance
- Retail CPU and VGA only, no engineering samples
- All GALAX VGAs are allowed
- Single-GPU only
- Intel Z170/Z97 platform only
- CPU frequency must not be higher than 5.8GHz, +- 10 MHz
- No limits on VGA overclocks, system memory clocks or cooling
Lucky draw prizes
Each week, every competitor who submitted a valid score in all 4 benchmarks will be entered into a lucky draw to win one GALAX Gamer 120 GB SSD. Total 10 prizes in 5 weeks.
At the end of the contest, all competitors with qualifying scores in all 4 benchmarks, (excuding the 12 competition winners), will be entered into a lucky draw for a chance to win one of five GALAX Gamer 240 GB SSD.
Top 12 winners qualified for GOC Grand Final
Visit our forums to post a comment or ask a question about the competition.
Fire Strike Ultra
Fire Strike Extreme
Want to win?
The GALAX GTX 980 Ti HOF LN2 GOC Edition
The only graphics card in existence designed explicitly for cryogenic overclocking. It's in a class of its own!
- A new 12 layer PCB designed entirely from the ground up with triple 8-pin connections supplying a competition grade 16+3 phase power delivery system.
- The state-of-the-art IR PWM solution with 3595 controller, 3550 DR MOS and 3599 doubler maintains voltage with surgeon-like precision, yet wields brutal 960 amp maximum capacity.
- As an owner of a GALAX GTX 980 Ti HOF LN2 GOC Edition, you receive access to several privileged VIP extras as well. You will be provided a signature name card by GALAX in recognition of your elite status as an LN2 GOC Edition owner, and this status includes exclusive access to consultation services and technical support directly with R&D engineers and overclock experts.
- Only one batch of the GALAX GTX 980 Ti HOF LN2 GOC Edition will ever be produced, and this small quantity will be made available via preorder only for a very short time.
How to enter
1) Set up your PC
- Make sure you meet the Hardware requirements
- Download and install 3DMark (v1.5.915) and 3DMark 11 v1.0.132.
- Make sure you use the latest Futuremark approved drivers for your hardware.
- Download OC Gear if you have the new GALAX GTX 980 Ti HOF LN2 GOC Edition
- SystemInfo hardware monitoring must be enabled (version 4.34 or later)
- After completing the benchmarks, check your scores on 3dmark.com.
- Create an account on 3dmark.com if you do not already have one.You can also sign in with Google, Steam or Facebook.
3) Submit your scores
- On your result details page, click edit for the name field and change the name of your result to: GALAX GOC 2015 Qualifier.
- Make sure your result is not hidden, then go to the settings page and make sure that your account has a valid email address and your name.
- To be eligible for prizes, winning contestants will be asked to provide a VGA serial number (from the back of card) and VGA proof of purchase.
You must follow these steps to qualify. No exceptions will be made.
GALAX: Our Story
Born from over 16 years of manfacturing gaming performance products.
Combining what was Galaxytech and its European brand KFA2, we bring you GALAX, a single unified brand that offers our customers the same product portfolio, service and awareness world-wide.
Founded in 1994, GALAXY built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded graphic card products on the market. We are dedicated to creating a custom user experience and believe that each of our products needs to fit its owner, not the other way around. What we make is not merely the product of focus group tests, but rather the results of observing and honoring the way individuals choose to interact with technology.
Since 2000 we have introduced numerous critically-acclaimed product series. The aim of our Hall of Fame (HOF) series is simple: Use the best components available to make graphics cards that can achieve benchmark scores that qualify for the 3DMark Hall Of Fame.
Our aim is to produce products that enhance your escapism, heighten your perceptions, and provide unsurpassed performance.
Our customers guide everything we do at GALAX, and it's this commitment that defines the company. Find out more at www.galax.net.
In addition to Futuremark's standard competition rules, the following terms and conditions apply to all participants.
- The competition starts 14:00 UTC on September 20, 2015 and ends 14:00 UTC on October 25, 2015.
- No purchase necessary for the Lucky Draw prizes. You can submit qualifying scores using 3DMark Basic Edition and 3DMark 11 Basic Edition, which are both free to download and use.
- Scores must be submitted according to the instructions above in order to qualify. No exceptions will be made.
- If a person enters more than one score, only the highest score for each category will be used.
- The competition is for individuals only. Entries from, or sponsored by, groups or companies will not be accepted.
- Contest entries must conform to all hardware requirements listed above and the result must pass all Futuremark validation, including the rules for approved drivers.
- You must use the latest versions of 3DMark and 3DMark 11.
- Multiple persons attempting to enter the competition by sharing a system with the same or similar configuration will be disqualified.
- The organizers reserve the right to disqualify a participant for any reason.
- The competition winners will be the twelve participants with the highest points total.
- Winners will be contacted personally after the winning scores have been validated.
- Overclocking can damage your hardware and may void your manufacturer's warranty. The organizers discourage exceeding the limits specified by manufacturers and assume no liability for any damage to your equipment.
- The organizers assume no liability if a participant is not able to enter the competition due to, but not limited to, problems with internet connections or Futuremark's website.
- Futuremark and GALAX employees and their close relatives may not enter the competition.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the competition rules and prizes without notice.