PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
January 17, 2014
We're starting 2014 with a major update for PCMark 8. This update improves the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks with new tests using popular open source applications for image processing, video editing and spreadsheets. We've added a wider variety of workloads to the Work benchmark to better reflect the way PCs are used in enterprise environments. And for Professional Edition users, the Storage benchmark has been expanded with two new options that enable specialist analysis of drive performance.
What's new in PCMark 8 v 2.0.191
This is a major update that adds new tests and workloads. Scores from the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks in PCMark 8 v2.0 are not comparable with scores from v1.2.157 or other previous versions. This update adds a new Compatibility Mode setting to the Professional and Advanced Editions that enables you to run older versions of each test for times when you need to compare scores with historical benchmark results.
These notes are a summary of the changes in this update. Please read the PCMark 8 Technical Guide for detailed descriptions of the new tests and workloads.
- Home updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- New Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Creative updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Editing part 2 now uses source material in 4K UHD resolution (3840x2160).
- Video Group Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Work updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Work version 2.0 adds a new Spreadsheet test and includes the Video Chat test to provide a more varied and representative benchmark of office productivity use.
- New Spreadsheet test using LibreOffice Calc, a part of the open-source productivity suite from The Document Foundation.
- Added Video Chat test to the benchmark.
- Storage updated to version 1.1. Scores are comparable with previous versions.
- Added Expanded Storage tests for specialist analysis of drive performance, (PCMark 8 Professional Edition only).
Compatibility Mode enables you to run the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks from version 1.2.157 for instances when you need to compare scores against historical result data, (PCMark 8 Professional and Advanced Editions only).
Download PCMark 8
UL and Futuremark, the future of benchmarking
November 4, 2014
PCMark for Android available now
October 27, 2014
Fire Strike Ultra - World's first 4K Ultra HD benchmark
October 13, 2014
PCMark 8 v2.2.282 update released
October 2, 2014
Record-breaking month for 3DMark world records
October 1, 2014
PCMark for Android press preview
September 30, 2014
Galax GOC 2014 Worldwide Qualifer Overclocking Competition
September 19, 2014
Huawei Ascend P7 delisted from 3DMark rankings
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
PCMark 8: Real Apps Deliver Relevant Results
August 7, 2014
Governments Choose PCMark to Specify PC Performance
July 7, 2014
3DMark Sky Diver has landed
June 11, 2014
3DMark Sky Diver at Computex
June 6, 2014
Announcing new 3DMark Sky Diver benchmark
May 28, 2014
HTC One (M8) removed from 3DMark benchmark rankings
April 1, 2014