PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
We're starting 2014 with a major update for PCMark 8. This update improves the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks with new tests using popular open source applications for image processing, video editing and spreadsheets. We've added a wider variety of workloads to the Work benchmark to better reflect the way PCs are used in enterprise environments. And for Professional Edition users, the Storage benchmark has been expanded with two new options that enable specialist analysis of drive performance.
What's new in PCMark 8 v 2.0.191
This is a major update that adds new tests and workloads. Scores from the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks in PCMark 8 v2.0 are not comparable with scores from v1.2.157 or other previous versions. This update adds a new Compatibility Mode setting to the Professional and Advanced Editions that enables you to run older versions of each test for times when you need to compare scores with historical benchmark results.
These notes are a summary of the changes in this update. Please read the PCMark 8 Technical Guide for detailed descriptions of the new tests and workloads.
- Home updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- New Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Creative updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Editing part 2 now uses source material in 4K UHD resolution (3840x2160).
- Video Group Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Work updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Work version 2.0 adds a new Spreadsheet test and includes the Video Chat test to provide a more varied and representative benchmark of office productivity use.
- New Spreadsheet test using LibreOffice Calc, a part of the open-source productivity suite from The Document Foundation.
- Added Video Chat test to the benchmark.
- Storage updated to version 1.1. Scores are comparable with previous versions.
- Added Expanded Storage tests for specialist analysis of drive performance, (PCMark 8 Professional Edition only).
Compatibility Mode enables you to run the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks from version 1.2.157 for instances when you need to compare scores against historical result data, (PCMark 8 Professional and Advanced Editions only).
Download PCMark 8
Recommend your Android device with 3DMark
February 21, 2014
Futuremark announces Servermark benchmark
February 13, 2014
Minor updates to 3DMark 11 and 3DMark Vantage
February 7, 2014
Minor update for PCMark 8
February 4, 2014
PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
January 17, 2014
Steam Machines ranked by 3DMark score
January 16, 2014
Get ready for PCMark 8 v2.0
January 14, 2014
Quanta Computer joins Futuremark Benchmark Development Program
December 19, 2013
3DMark Windows update fixes hardware monitoring
December 10, 2013
3DMark iOS benchmark app gets 64-bit update
December 3, 2013
3DMark delists Android devices with suspicious scores
November 25, 2013
November 22, 2013
Understanding 3DMark results from the iPhone 5s and iPad Air
November 4, 2013
PCMark 8 arrives on Steam
October 21, 2013
3DMark comes to Windows RT
October 14, 2013